February 9, 2023
NSSF Range-Retailer Business Expo™ Issues Call for Presentations
WASHINGTON, D.C. – NSSF®, The Firearm Industry Trade Association, has issued a call for presentations and roundtable discussion topics for its Educational Sessions at the 2023 NSSF Range-Retailer Business Expo. The Expo will take place July 10-12 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Started in 2019, the NSSF’s Range-Retailer Business Expo is the premier gathering for entrepreneurs, startups and established firearm retailers and shooting ranges. This knowledge-sharing event combines a dedicated range and retail trade show, buying opportunities, endless networking opportunities and top-notch education for every stage of a business venture.
Presentation / Roundtable Panel Discussion Details
Proposed presentations or roundtable panel discussions should cover no more than a 45-minute time slot, with dedicated time for questions and answers from the audience. The subject matter must be related to one of the topics listed below and the more interactive the session, the better. Presentations are intended to be for informational and educational purposes and not promotions for products or services.
Presentation and roundtable discussion topic submissions are due by March 10, 2023. Submissions received after this date will not be considered.
If selected, presenters will be notified of acceptance via email by March 17, 2023.
Presentations selected are at the sole discretion of the NSSF.
Presentation/Roundtable Discussion Topics Include but Are Not Limited To:
- New Compliance Laws for 2023: 4473, NFA, and other Federal and State Compliance
- Staffing (hiring practices, retention techniques, payroll management)
- Strategies to Increase Sales in Slow Markets
- Expanding Your Customer Base
- Effective Ways to Increase Google Reviews
- Used Firearm Sales Strategies
- Building Brand Awareness
- Tips for Creating a Successful Marketing Plan
- Retail Store Layout/Revamp and Customer Experience Design
- Inventory Management & Diversification
- Effective Leadership
- Point-of-Sale Solutions (what to know and how to avoid pain points)
- Indoor Range Design – Construction Tips for Adding a Range to an Existing Building
- Increasing Traffic through Events and Promotions
- Range Management Practices
- OSHA / EPA Compliance Practices for Shooting Ranges
- Membership Strategies that Work for any Size Workforce
- Increasing Customer Engagement on the Range or in the Store
- Business Operations Strategy
- Social Media Best Practices
If you’re submitting a topic for a roundtable discussion, in addition to a proposed title, please outline the topic details that will be covered. Also, let us know if you plan to serve as the moderator or as a panelist and who you have identified to serve as potential panelists and or as the moderator (provide qualifications of these individuals).
Send a summary of the proposed presentation or roundtable topic, a brief overview of the presenter’s qualifications, any referrals, as well as information about recent speaking engagements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the deadline of March 10, 2023.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of thousands of manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers nationwide. For more information, visit nssf.org.
203-426-1320 ext. 212