January 14, 2016
Check Out the Project ChildSafe Foundation Auction
The National Shooting Sports Foundation draws your attention to this announcement of the Project ChildSafe Foundation auction of exciting products on GunBroker.com. Funds from the auction will support NSSF’s Project ChildSafe firearm safety education program. Links to the auction items are included in the release.
Project ChildSafe Foundation Auction
to Benefit Gun Safety
20 Products Listed on GunBroker.com through Jan. 24
NEWTOWN, Conn.— The Project ChildSafe Foundation, a 501(c)(3) firearms safety charitable organization, is auctioning 20 exciting products, including firearms and ammunition, on GunBroker.com through January 24. Funds from the auction will support the Project ChildSafe® firearm safety education program of the National Shooting Sports Foundation® that distributes free gun locks and safety materials to communities throughout the country.
The auction dates will overlap with the NSSF-owned Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade ShowSM (SHOT Show®) taking place in Las Vegas next week.
Some of the industry’s most well-known and respected companies have generously donated products to the Project ChildSafe Foundation auction, including a Daniel Defense carbine, Taurus Judge revolver, Legacy Sports International youth shotgun, two cases of Sierra ammunition, firearm accessories and much more. The auction is being conducted with the generous assistance of GunBroker.com and the Hunting Heritage Trust.
“We greatly appreciate all the companies whose product donations to the auction are supporting genuine gun safety efforts that will help prevent firearms accidents, theft and misuse,” said Steve Sanetti, Chairman of the Project ChildSafe Foundation. “We also thank GunBroker.com for its contribution to the cause by hosting this auction and the Hunting Heritage Trust for assisting with listings. Those who bid on these items can take satisfaction in knowing that they may not only win a great product, but they’re also helping to potentially save lives.”
An overview of Project ChildSafe Foundation online auction items can be found in this listing, and links to the individual auctions are below.
- Daniel Defense M4 Carbine V11 SLW carbine [Value: $1669.00)
- MMC Armory Tactical Model 5.56 modern sporting rifle (Value: $1579.00)
- Taurus Judge revolver, can accept .410 shotshells and .45 Colt ammunition (Value: $598.48)
- Legacy Sports International Pointer 1000 O/U 20-gauge youth shotgun with hard case (Value: $664.00)
- Two Sierra bullets gift certificates for 10-box cases of ammunition. (Value: $500 each) Sierra Gift Certificate 1 and Sierra Gift Certificate 2.
- Galco Sport Utility Bag in dark Havana leather (Value: $649.95)
- Hornady Rapid Safe (Value: $275.00)
- Pelican 65 Quart Elite white cooler (Value: $374.00)
- Stack-On 35-Gun Woodland Safe (shipped to lower 48 states only) (Value: $1199.00)
- Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Sport Tactical Earmuffs (Value: $99.99)
- MT2 Shooting Range Assessment (a $4,000 value of interest to shooting range managers).
- Crimson Trace gift certificate (up to $400 value)
- Shotlock Handgun Solo Vault for full-sized handguns (Value: $149.00)
- Pro Shot Products AR223 cleaning kit (Value: $62.99)
- Mesa Tactical accessories for Remington 870 shotguns (telescoping hydraulic recoil stock kit and Sureshell carrier and saddle rail) (Value: $435.00)
- Mesa Tactical accessories for Beretta 1301 shotgun (Urbino pistol grip stock and Sureshell carrier and rail) (Value: $290.00)
- Rapid Dominance T352 46-inch Single Rifle Tactical Case (Value: $252.75)
- Olin Winchester special package: commemorative wooden box, camp chair, 4 white ceramic mugs and Winchester “horse and rider” rug (Value: $112.00)
- LaserMax Spartan Adjustable Fit Rail-mounted Laser Sight SPS-R for pistol and rifles. (Value: $99.00)
Winning bidders may be entitled to deduct a portion of their payments for auction items as a charitable contribution equal to the excess of the money paid for the items over the fair market value of the goods or services provided. Each bidder should consult his or her tax advisor regarding deductibility for state and federal income tax purposes.
For more information about Project ChildSafe, visit projectchildsafe.org.