It's mission: To promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports.
NSSF Range Compliance Consultant Program
Prepare your Business for that Unexpected Visit!
|Meet the Team|
Indoor Range Compliance - NSSF's Team of Consultants are Here to Help
Overview NSSF's Range Compliance Consultant Program
NSSF, the trade association for the firearms industry, offers indoor ranges the opportunity to work with qualified consultants who can provide guidance to ensure your business has the necessary tools in place to meet OSHA compliance.
How it works: Shooting ranges requesting assistance will first need to submit a request form. NSSF will forward the request form to one of the team members who will follow up with the requester to schedule an onsite visit where the consultant will perform an OSHA mock audit. In order to qualify for this program, ranges will need to have had attended one of the Lead Management & OSHA Compliance Workshops prior to an onsite OSHA mock audit. Exceptions to this rule will be reviewed and determined on a case by case scenario. Ranges that have attended a workshop will be top priority. This program is designed as a proactive compliance program. Therefore ranges looking to utilize this program due to an OSHA citation will be responsible for any additional expenses associated with the services to abate or decrease the OSHA citation.
The service includes: Upon completion of the mock audit, you can expect to receive the following Health and Safety Programs within 30 days.
- Hearing Conservation Program
- Respirator Program
- PPE Program
- Hazardous Communication Program
- Lead Management Program
- Medical Surveillance Program - Assistance with setting up a contractor to obtain blood lead levels, audiograms, respirator fit tests - All of which are significant items in completion of the programs
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- General Industry - to include but not limited to slips, trips and falls, First Aid, Emergency Actions Plans
- Employee training upon delivery of all programs
Cost of service: NSSF will cover 50% of the cost of service so the OSHA mock audit only cost the indoor range member $2500. Keep in mind, $2500 is the smallest fine you could potentially receive from OSHA if or when they come knocking and you're not prepared.