FFL Risk & Security Assessment
This program is designed for retailers, ranges, distributors and manufacturers.
NSSF’s new assessment program will provide a thorough review f security protocols from the perimeter of your facilities through your internal operational controls in order to ensure criminals don’t see your business as an easy target.
When was the last time you tested your alarms, reviewed your security procedures with your team, spoke to local law enforcement about crime trends or reviewed your disaster recovery plan? Our team will review the latest loss prevention technology, crime trends, and tactics to combat theft, while also covering your businesses internal inventory controls, information security, employee safeguards and disaster preparedness.
NSSF’s team of loss prevention and security experts have an average of 25 years’ experience and will work with your team to harden your business in the most economical method possible.
As an FFL you have a professional obligation to ensure your firearms don’t make it into the hands of criminals. Far too many FFL burglaries that occur could have been prevented by improved safeguards.
- How to conduct your own security review of your building premises and internal processes.
- Strategies for improved security and risk management.
- A comprehensive review of store security technologies and practices.
- What solutions are available to implement layers of security
- Simple low cost and low tech improvements
Risk & Security Assessment:
- Shows how to enhance the protection of your people, property and profits.
- Offers industry-leading strategies for improved security and risk management.
- Provides a comprehensive review of physical and digital security technologies and practices.
- Increases your security and safety knowledge to prevent future criminal acts.
- Offers cost-effective strategies to create deterrent “layering” of security strategies.
- Enlightens your leadership team with firearm and retail industry tactics for improved risk management.
- Is designed for startups, existing or mature business or post burglary business recovery
- Should be included in every postburglary recovery plan.
This day-long audit will cover a thorough review of the following key parts of your business:
- Access Control Systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- CCTV System Review, inclusive of Camera Type and Placement
- Information Security & Document Management
- Lock and Key Management
- Perimeter and Property Security
- Safety Systems (fire suppression, backup power)
- Visitor Entry and Verification Procedures
- Emergency Management
- Personnel Security
- Inventory Management & Control
- See your security through the eyes of an industry expert
- Receive professional recommendations for improved and affordable security that makes sense
Our team of loss prevention and store security experts have an average of 25 years’ experience and will work with your team to harden your business in the most economical method possible.
For more information on this program or to sign up for a visit, please contact John McNamara, senior director of retailer services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The team did a complete walkthrough of my store and provided a written assessment. Their 8-page report was well done and provided excellent recommendations. Their report showed where we are strong and where we could improve. I really appreciated their approach and process and would HIGHLY recommend the NSSF Firearms Store Security Audit Program.”
Owner, Sprague’s Sports
NSSF Board of Governors Member
“The consultant reviewed all of our security controls and gave us constructive criticism based on his experience. His recommendations on how to reduce loss, both internal and external, were very informative and specific. He has a vast knowledge of tactics used by criminals in a retail setting. More importantly he gave us peace of mind when it comes to the integrity of our staff. He was very professional and very specific with his findings in the report he prepared for us.”
Ace Sporting Goods