Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers.
There are hundreds of questions to ask when planning a new range or improving on one you already manage, and this report goes a long way toward answering them.
This 1st edition of the NSSF Range Survey Report contains answers to range-related questions that, prior to now, have not been easily obtainable. Survey results are presented in a user-friendly layout by range type, which are identified as “Gun Clubs/Sportsman’s Clubs,” “Indoor Ranges” and “Outdoor Ranges.” Each section of the report includes a wealth of data, including information about:
- Typical amount spent per visit by customer type
- Average number of visits per year per customer
- Average range occupancy per quarter for 1 year
- Annual gross revenue
- Contributing revenue sources
- Operating expenditures
- Number of employees and average staff salaries
- Membership information
You’ll also discover data concerning:
- Training classes, including average number of students
- Information related to ammunition
- Number of clay targets sold
- Average price per round for clay target sports
- Average number of shooting lanes and positions
The data in this report are based on responses to the range survey conducted in August 2016.