Boy Scouts of America Council Challenge Grant 2018
National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has created a challenge grant program specifically for local Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Councils with shooting sports programs. Challenge grant funds should reflect planning to strengthen and increase BSA Council activities in firearms shooting sports and a commitment to the advancement of knowledge, understanding and firearms safety.
Who may apply?
Grant applications may be submitted by and in the name of BSA Council(s) specific to providing funding for council firearms shooting sports programs and activities.
How Much Grant Funding is Available?
A total of $100,000 will be available to qualifying BSA Councils for the purpose of supporting initiatives designed to providing shooting sports opportunities for new members and/or retain current members. Of this amount, the first 50 qualifying grant applicants are eligible to receive up to a maximum of $2,000 in matching grant funding from the NSSF. The amount of funding that qualifying applicants may be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of NSSF. NSSF’s award decisions are final and non-reviewable.
- Grantees must use the challenge grant funds to support firearms shooting sports activities.
- Fundraising is an integral part of long-term planning; therefore, all fundraising matches must be used towards firearms shooting sports activities.
- All awarded funds must be used toward the purchase of equipment and/or supplies for BSA Council firearms shooting sports activities from a NSSF Member Retailer. A complete listing of NSSF Member Retailers can be viewed at (nssf.org/wheretobuy) (Examples of qualifying purchases are: ammunition, eye protection, ear protection, firearms, targets, shooting vests, firearm safes, etc.)
- Qualifying grant applications will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis until total grant funding is exhausted.
- The project must be completed by February 25, 2019.
- A final report must be sent to NSSF by March 15, 2019. (Download the Final Report Template)
How to apply:
Completed applications can be sent via email, fax or mail to:
National Shooting Sports Foundation
Attn: BSA Grant
11 Mile Hill Road
Newtown, CT 06470-2359