December 12, 2017
Retailer Education Seminars at 2018 SHOT Show
As the Senior Director of Retailer Services for NSSF, my team and I spend months curating the topics for SHOT Week’s Retailer Seminars, and then recruiting top-level speakers who can pass on their subject-matter expertise to our retailers and range owners. This educational forum is always a sell-out with many of the seminars at standing-room only, and has overwhelmingly positive reviews post-show. That makes each year hard to improve one — but we think we did just that with the 2018 lineup.
2018 Retailer Seminar Lineup
There’s more opportunities to learn at SHOT Show than we can possibly offer in a single day. The solution is our lineup of Retailer Seminars taking place throughout Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of SHOT Show:
- Tuesday, January 23
- Navigating the NICS Background System — 9:00-10:00 a.m. Presented by FBI NICS professionals Marc Chamberlin and Eric Moore.
- Using YouTube and Digital Paid Ads to Grow Your Small Business — 10:30-11:30 a.m. Presented by technology expert Ron Weber.
- Black Guns Matter: Engaging Urban Communities in the 2nd Amendment Fight — 1:00-2:00 p.m. Presented by Solutionary Hip Hop artist, founder of Black Guns Matter, and 2nd Amendment advocate Maj Toure.
- Handling the Good and Bad of Today’s Media — 2:30-4:30 p.m. Presented by Baldwin Media Marketing, LLC owner Ann Baldwin and Patriot Outdoors President Stephen Powell.
- Wednesday, January 24
- Building a Company Culture That Sets You Apart From the Competition — 9:00-10:00 a.m. Presented by Blackstone Shooting Sports owner Taylor Hayden.
- Negligent Entrustment of a Firearm: A Problem You Don’t Want to Have — 10:30-11:30 a.m. Presented by NSSF Compliance Consultant Team Member Wally Nelson and Renzulli Law Firm partner Chris Renzulli.
- The 21st Century Role of the Lawyer in Retail Firearm Compliance — 1:00-2:00 p.m. Presented by FFLGuard National Coordinating Counsel Chris Chiafullo.
- ATF Town Hall Meeting — 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 25
- Hiring the Productive and Legal Way — 9:00-10:00 a.m. Presented by human resources consultant Wendy Christie and staff management expert Thomas “Mack” Brennan.
- Understanding the Current Customer Base via NSSF Research — 10:30-11:30 a.m. Presented by Jim Curcuruto, NSSF Director, Research & Market Development.
- Operation Secure Store — 1:00-2:00 p.m. Presented by NSSF Security Consultant Team Member Bill Napier and Chief of ATF Special Operations Division Thomas Chittum.
- Integrated Operations and Compliance in the Small to Mid-Size Manufacturing Sector — 2:30-3:30 p.m. Presented by Orchid Advisors CEO Jon Rydberg and Philip Milks, Esq.
We encourage you to visit SHOTShow.org, click in the “Education” heading at the top of the page, and peruse the complete session details and speaker biographies for our Retailer Seminars. When you’ve completed registration to attend the show, just log in to your account at SHOTShow.org and add the courses you need to your shopping cart. Many sessions are near sell-out now, so it’s important to make your reservations now. We’re looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!