July 26, 2011
NSSF Awards $435,000 to Shooting Ranges
The National Shooting Sports Foundation has awarded $435,000 in grants to 22 shooting facilities to develop programs that put more people on the firing line. This year more ranges than ever applied for grants in NSSF’s Range Grant Program, a sign that more shooting facilities are recognizing what a great opportunity the grants provide to launch a program that might not otherwise get off the ground. Read the NSSF news release.
Clark Country Shooting Range outside Las Vegas was one of the grant recipients. A story in the Las Vegas Review Journal said, “The grant will be used as part of a multimedia marketing and advertising campaign to promote awareness of the foundation’s five star-rated range and to entice shooters to participate in all aspects of the facility, including trap, skeet, rifle and pistol shooting, in a safe and controlled environment.”
Other shooting facilities that received 2011 grants:
- Center Target Sports, Inc., Post Falls, Idaho
- Central Oregon Sporting Clays & Hunting Preserve, Redmond, Oregon
- Colorado Rifle Club, Littleton, Colo.
- Desoto Rifle & Pistol Club, Germantown, Tenn.
- Greene County Fish & Game Assoc., Xenia, Ohio
- Handgunners, Inc., Burlington, N.C.
- Herminie #2 Game Association, West Newton, Penn.
- Jentoe Corp.-A&S Indoor Pistol Range, Youngwood, Penn.
- Lead Valley Range, Inc., Deer Trail, Colo.
- Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries & Parks Foundation, Jackson, Miss.
- Norco Running Gun IPSC Club, Norco, Calif.
- Pocono Pistol Club, Stroudsburg, Penn.
- ProShots Indoor Range & Training, Rural Hall, N.C.
- Red Bluff Lodge, Allendale, S.C.
- Red River Regional Marksmanship Center, West Fargo, N.D.
- Riverside Range, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- San Luis Obispo Sportsmen’s Association, Morro Bay, Calif.
- Targething Pro Shop, Garrettsville, Ohio
- The Shooter’s Depot, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Tri-State Shooters Club, Inc., Rosholt, S.D.
- Walla Walla Gun Club, Walla Walla, Wash.