back arrow iconBack to News

February 19, 2023

ATF Q&A: Licensing

If I chose to register a stabilizing-brace equipped SBR, do I have to pay the NFA registration tax?


No, provided you submit your NFA registration application to ATF within 120 days of the publication of the final rule. See questions 13 and 14 below for additional information on the provisions in the final rule providing for tax forbearance on NFA registration applications.



Guidance is provided by The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).


More information on the Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces” from the ATF here