November 30, 2023
NSSF’s First Shots Program Adds New Incentives for Host Ranges and Partners
WASHINGTON, D.C. — NSSF®, The Firearm Industry Trade Association, is expanding incentives to target-shooting ranges, firearm training instructors and other partners offering its First Shots® program.
This new comprehensive support system for First Shots hosts provides many benefits, including being able to recover startup costs and build program momentum. Hosts must be NSSF members to benefit from these incentives.
First Shots is a long-running NSSF program designed to increase participation in the shooting sports by providing introductory and refresher target-shooting experiences in a safe, supportive environment. First Shots classes are fun and memorable, and they provide the perfect opportunity for first-timers, new gun owners and former participants to confidently enjoy target shooting.
Funding and Much More
NSSF funding for First Shots partners, which was previously limited to marketing co-op efforts, is now available to qualifying NSSF member ranges, instructors and shooting sports organizations to help cover a variety of expenses related to First Shots hosting efforts. Hosts are eligible to receive $15 per First Shots participant, up to a maximum of $1,500. The amount of funding that qualifying hosts may be awarded is at the sole discretion of NSSF.
To take advantage of this customer-building program, a First Shots host must meet the following guidelines:
- Be an NSSF member.
- Schedule and offer at least 3 First Shots events or incorporate the First Shots-branded experience into the business’s customary offerings, even if it’s by appointment.
- Provide NSSF with a post-First Shots report after each event, letting NSSF know how many people participated.
- Support funds are available for programs hosted between December 1, 2023, and March 17, 2024.
Traditional Program Support Continues
In addition to these great new incentives, First Shots hosts can expect to receive the program’s traditional no-cost support materials, including:
- Eye and ear protection
- Birchwood Casey Shoot-N-C targets
- Rimfire ammunition
- Up to $500 annually in monetary support for clay target and shotgun ammunition expenses
- First Shots handbooks and other firearm safety literature for each student
- $25 rewards coupon for each student for completing a survey, cost covered by NSSF, to use at the host range
- Up to $3,000 in annual co-op advertising funds to promote your First Shots event offerings
More information about First Shots is available at nssf.org/firstshots.
NSSF is the trade association for the firearm industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of thousands of manufacturers, distributors, firearm retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers nationwide. For more information, visit nssf.org.
NSSF Media contact:
203-426-1320 ext. 212