USITC Firearms and Ammuntion Data for November 2011
NSSF research reports that overall U.S. imports (in units) in six sporting arms and ammunition categories increased 22.8 percent in November 2011 compared to November 2010. November 2011 imported units in tracked categories totaled 132.7 million, up from 108.1 million reported in November 2010.
- Handgun imports increased 22.2 percent from 116,018 to 141,819 units. Within the handgun category, Pistol import units increased 13.4 percent from 109,313 to 123,961 units while imported Revolver units rose 166.3 percent from 6,705 to 17,858 units.
- Rifle imports were up 124.6 percent from 28,051 to 63,012 units.
- Shotgun category posted a 26.8 percent decrease in imported units from 50,980 to 37,341.
- Muzzleloader category rose 71.1 percent from 12,817 to 21,929 units.
- Other Cartridges (excluding Shotgun cartridges) category increased 27.4 percent from 98.1 million to 125.0 million units.
- Shotgun Cartridges category declined 24.1 percent dropping to 7.4 million units as compared to last years 9.8 million.
Additional firearm import data is available to NSSF members by logging in and clicking NSSF Industry Research then Monthly Firearm Import Data.