To: ALL MEDIA
For immediate release
For more information contact:
Bill Brassard Jr.
Firearms Retailers Reap Benefits from NSSF Membership
NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Firearms retailers enjoy many services and benefits as members of the National Shooting Sports Foundation®, but perhaps the most important is an intangible--helping to strengthen NSSF® as the "Voice of Industry."
To help strengthen this respected voice and build its member ranks, NSSF is launching a new firearms retailer membership promotion emphasizing the benefits of membership with messages such as "We’ve Got Your Back" and "Preventative Medicine." The new color ad campaign will launch this summer in industry trade publications.
"Though they face many challenges, firearms retailers don’t have to go it alone when they are members of NSSF," said Bettyjane Swann, NSSF’s director of member services. "Their support adds to NSSF’s clout whether it’s inside the beltway or in state houses across the country."
As the trade association for the firearms and ammunition industry, NSSF works to promote a positive business environment for firearms retailers by engaging in regulatory, legislative and market matters that are critical to retailers’ businesses. Knowing that NSSF is monitoring these areas allows the retailer to focus on core business functions such as in-store sales and service.
The new ads spell out the many benefits firearms retailers receive when they join NSSF, which has more than 7,000 members and at more than 50 years old is the recognized voice of the firearms and ammunition industry.
NSSF firearms retailer member benefits include . . .
- Comprehensive materials and guidance to maintain ATF/legal compliance with everything from a 4473 overlay to a new retailer hotline just for retailers.
- The opportunity to work with experienced advisors who, as former Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) officials, understand what it takes to stay compliant with ATF rules and regulations.
- Discounts to help retailers grow from national brands such as Federal Express and Staples to cost savings for services such as credit card processing, employee background checks and telecommunications offerings.
- Customized services and amenities at the industry’s leading trade event, the SHOT Show®.
- Programs and partnerships such as First Shots®, Hunting Heritage Partnership® and the NSSF Range Grant Program that help recruit new customers.
- Discounts on the industry’s benchmark research that gives retailers a competitive edge.
- Business property and casualty insurance including ATF defense coverage.
For more information about the ad campaign or about becoming a member of NSSF, contact Bettyjane Swann at email@example.com or Samantha Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-426-1320.
Online at http://nssf.org/retailers/rx.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 7,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.