Job Details for (Legal Counsel)
$116,000 - $174,000
Post Start Date:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, negotiate, and prepare all forms of commercial and business transaction documents, with a focus on domestic and international, license, co-branding, marketing, advertising, content distribution, non-disclosure, confidentiality, consultant, and vendor agreements. Provide advice to business teams concerning the same.
- Manage the intellectual property portfolio and work closely with outside counsel to ensure all intellectual property rights are adequately protected.
- In areas of responsibility, draft and review general contracts including NDAâ€™s, consulting agreements, and draft and review corporate policies and procedures.
- Monitor and advise on regulatory matters that may impact the business of a firearms company, including those relating to ATF compliance.
- Law degree (Juris Doctor) from an accredited institution is required.
- Admission in good standing to the Massachusetts Bar is preferred, but at a minimum admission as authorized house counsel in Massachusetts will be required.
- 3 to 5 years substantive experience in firearms specific laws, rules and regulations, including knowledge and ability to interpret ATF regulations and rulings.
- 3 to 5 years substantive experience in intellectual property matters and IP portfolio management.
- Experience working in, or closely with, a public company, and working knowledge of the regulatory and compliance issues facing a public company is a plus.
- Experience in firearms litigation is desired.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills are essential
The Shooting Industry's
© 2013 National
Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved
11 Mile Hill Road • Newtown, CT 06470 • 203.426.1320
Statement • Linking
Policy • Terms