NSSF Lauds Olympic Shooters
in USA Today Ad
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE USA SHOOTING TEAM AND OUR THREE OLYMPIC MEDALISTS . . . NSSF celebrated the achievements of three USA Shooting Team women who won medals at the Summer Olympic Games in a full-page ad that appeared in an edition of the USA Today newspaper last week. View the full ad.
- RHODE'S HISTORIC OLYMPIC ACCOMPLISHMENT 'MUZZLED' BY MAINSTREAM MEDIA . . . At the 2016 Olympics in Rio, USA Shooting's Kim Rhode became the first woman ever to win medals in six consecutive Olympic Games. This historic accomplishment was hardly recognized by mainstream media. This article puts Rhode's historic accomplishment into perspective.
- NSSF OFFERS ASSISTANCE TO FIREARMS RETAILERS AND SHOOTING RANGES IN WAKE OF LOUISIANA FLOODS . . . NSSF will make $100,000 available in dedicated aid for business loss or damage resulting from the Baton Rouge area floods to qualifying member companies, with emphasis placed on providing relief to store-front federally licensed firearm retailers and shooting ranges. Read more.
- ATF Q&A . . . More great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF member compliance hotline last week. One question asks what an FFL should do when it finds it has lost a completed Form 4473.
- CALIBERS SHOOTING SPORTS CENTERS' RYAN BURT JOINS NSSF RETAIL ADVISORY COUNCIL . . . NSSF is pleased to announce that Ryan Burt has joined its Retail Advisory Council. Burt is the CEO of Calibers Shooting Sports Centers based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, a family-owned business since 1997. Read more.
- DID YOU KNOW? . . . NSSF's newest member benefit company offers a 10-percent discount to NSSF members on a variety of professional point-of-sale (POS) services and training. Learn more.
Shooting Sports Fantasy Camp
- NSSF SHOOTING SPORTS FANTASY CAMPS TO BE HELD IN OKLAHOMA THIS FALL . . . Registration has opened for NSSF's newest Shooting Sports Fantasy Camps — two back-to-back events scheduled for this October at the highly regarded and well-respected United States Shooting Academy in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Learn more.
- NSSF STRATEGIZES WITH HOUSE LEADERS . . . Despite Congress being out of session, NSSF government relations staff has met with House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) on Export Control Reform and the guidance from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) on the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). In addition, NSSF met with House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Rob Bishop (R-Utah) on the ongoing conference committee negotiations on the Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act package contained in the Energy Bill currently in conference.
- CALL CONGRESS TODAY . . . The Obama administration "Export Control Reform" initiative was supposed to transfer export licensing of guns and ammunition to the Commerce Department, but its anti-gun agenda holds sway. And now gunsmiths will be required to pay an annual $2,250 registration fee for simply mounting new sights on hunting rifles. Call your U.S. Representative at 202-225-3121 and U.S. Senators at 202-224-3121. Send an email, too. Tell them to oppose Obama's executive action aimed at putting gunsmiths out of business.
- GOV. CHRISTIE VETOES SMART GUN MANDATE AGAIN . . . New Jersey Gov. Christie again has vetoed smart gun legislation that would mandate retailers carry at least one smart gun in inventory. He also vetoed a Democrat bill which would have established a legal definition for "justifiable need" for carrying a firearm. His veto statement would make New Jersey a "shall issue" state and is a bold move for a New Jersey governor.
Read NSSF's latest Government Relations Update for more.
News of Note
- AFSP + NSSF = TREMENDOUS POTENTIAL TO SAVE LIVES . . . Following the announcement of NSSF partnering with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and in advance of National Suicide Prevention Week, September 5-11, NSSF President Steve Sanetti provides background on NSSF, its longstanding efforts in encouraging secure storage of firearms, the promising new partnership with AFSP to help reduce the misuse of firearms in America and more. Read more.
- NHF DAY APPROACHING . . . National Hunting and Fishing Day 2016 will take place Sept. 24 and draw attention to the conservation efforts of outdoorsmen and -women. This year's NHF Day honorary chair is Johnny Morris, lifelong outdoorsman and founder of Bass Pro Shops. Learn more.
- USFWS APPOINTS PAUL RAUCH TO LEAD WSFR . . . Paul Rauch has been named by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as new Assistant Director for Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration (WSFR).
- JULIE GOLOB CAPTURES 15TH USPSA NATIONALS TITLE . . . At the Carry Optics National Championships last week, Julie Golob won her 15th U.S. Practical Shooting Association Ladies National Title and became the first woman in history to win a national title in all seven USPSA divisions.
- DONATE TO PROJECT CHILDSAFE FOUNDATION . . . As we move toward the charitable giving season and your mailboxes and inboxes spill over with requests, please consider supporting firearm safety programs such as NSSF's Project ChildSafe, which reminds gun owners in communities like yours to securely storage firearms when not in use to help prevent accidents, thefts and misuse. Donate today.
- BERETTA HOLDING GROUP COMPANIES CONTRIBUTE $100,000 . . . Benelli USA, Stoeger Industries and Burris Company, three companies under the Beretta Holding Group umbrella of firearms industry companies, have together recently donated $100,000 toward #GUNVOTE. This contribution will support NSSF's voter registration and education campaign during this vital election year.
- EXPOSING HILLARY CLINTON'S GUN CONTROL AGENDA . . . Hillary Clinton claims she is "not here to repeal the Second Amendment," but NSSF has released a #GUNVOTE video exposing Hillary's true motives. These claims are at odds with her decades old anti-gun rhetoric. NSSF asks that industry companies get the facts out by sharing this video on social media.
- #GUNVOTE FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY . . . NSSF is currently running a #GUNVOTE: Cast Your Vote Giveaway on Facebook to help promote the campaign. Participants will have the opportunity to win one of two #GUNVOTE shooting jerseys by submitting a vote for their favorite style by Thursday, Sept. 1.
- How You Can Help:
- Contribute to #GUNVOTE.
- Download and post the #GUNVOTE icon to your website and link it to gunvote.org.
- Visit the #GUNVOTE website and encourage others to do the same.
- Follow #GUNVOTE on Facebook and on Twitter (@GUNVOTE).
- Order #GUNVOTE stickers. NSSF Members, please order from the NSSF Member shopping cart to receive a member discount.
- A #GUNVOTE performance shooting jersey, proudly made in the USA by TechwearUSA, is the perfect way to demonstrate your support for the #GUNVOTE voter education initiative. Sales support #GUNVOTE. Order now.
- FIREARMS INDUSTRY JOBS . . . Visit jobs.nssf.org for current employment opportunities in the shooting, hunting and outdoor industry. Unmatched job listing exposure, easy online job management, résumé search and résumé uploading for job seekers gives NSSF members and non-members more opportunities than ever before.
"To promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports."
Visit the NSSF website and see how we accomplish this mission.
COPYRIGHT © 2016 by National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted for broadcast, publication, retransmission to email lists, Websites or any other copying or storage, in any medium, online or not, if 1) the text is forwarded in its entirety, including this paragraph, and 2) no fee is charged. "Bullet Points®," "National Shooting Sports Foundation®," "NSSF®," and all other trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and images of the National Shooting Sports Foundation appearing in this publication are the sole property of the Foundation and may not be used without the Foundation's prior express written permission. All other trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and images appearing in this publication are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.