Highest June On Record for NICS
NSSF-ADJUSTED NICS BACKGROUND CHECKS . . . The June 2015 NSSF-adjusted National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) figure of 886,825 is the highest June on record for the 17-year-old system, with an increase of 10.1 percent compared to the June 2014 NSSF-adjusted NICS figure of 805,571. The second quarter 2015 NSSF-adjusted NICS figure of 2,793,230 is the second highest second quarter on record — a 4.5 percent increase over second quarter 2014 and surpassed only by second quarter 2013. To learn more about last month's NICS report, log in to the member side of nssf.org.
|The Software You Need To Grow and Succeed
… POS Software, Hardware, and Support specifically designed to fit the needs of FLL dealers. Manage you're A&D book
, FFL transfers, hold periods
, special orders
, and more
with one system. There is even an optional component for shooting range management
. Integrated A&D book helps keep you compliant without having to utilize multiple systems. Easily manage your gun show sales, scan drivers licenses to add new customers, and integrate with your current accounting software. The Rapid Gun System is configurable
to create a perfect fit for all sizes of gun stores - from mom-and-pop to multi-chain stores, configuration settings allow you to keep your business processes while upgrading your technology. Enhanced email marketing capabilities
the system helps you drive more business to your store. Call 619-754-4100 to speak with one of their FFL retail experts or request a quote today
- MARKETING HELP FOR NEW RETAILERS, RANGES . . . NSSF Customized Market Reports (CMR) are a great way to learn more about the demographic makeup, potential customer base and local competition in and around an area you've selected to open a range or retail establishment. A CMR from NSSF averages 80 pages and contains detailed data for a chosen radius on any U.S. address.
- ATF Q&A . . . Many great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF member compliance hotline last week. The first question asks if a family member picking up a pawned firearm for another family member is considered a straw purchase. The second question relates to restraining orders prohibiting the possession or acquisition of a firearm.
- HOUSE TO VOTE ON APPROPRIATIONS BILL WITH TRADITIONAL AMMO PROTECTIONS . . . When the U.S. House of Representatives reconvenes this week it will consider the FY2016 Interior Appropriations bill that contains several provisions important to the industry. The most important is a section that makes permanent the protection of traditional ammunition and ammunition components (as well as fishing tackle) from EPA regulation under TSCA. Read more.
- MEET THE NEW BLOOMBERG PROPAGANDISTS . . . Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has introduced yet another organizational arm in his ongoing campaign to impose his anti-gun agenda on the country with the launch of The Trace, a new website that describes itself as a "media organization dedicated to expanding coverage of guns in the United States." Like other Bloomberg-backed groups, The Trace has already earned a lack of credibility among gun owners. Read NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel Larry Keane's blog post.
News of Note
- NSSF AWARDS $60,000 IN SCHOLARSHIPS . . . Twenty-five students will receive $60,000 in scholarship funds through NSSF's essay contest for employees of Voting Member companies and their family members. The $8,000 Grand Prize winner was Connor Hanson, who will be a freshman at Bethel University and whose father is employed at Vista Outdoor. First Prize of $5,000 went to Nathan Huelsmann and Second Prize of $3,000 to Eric Buenemann, whose fathers work at Olin/Winchester. Twenty-two other students will receive $2,000 awards. Read Connor's winning essay and the press release.
- NHF DAY AND YAMAHA LIVE IT! GRANTS AVAILABLE . . . National Hunting & Fishing Day and sponsor Yamaha encourage sportsmen's clubs, organizations and outdoor groups to submit applications for 2015 Live It! grants. The grants must be used to help celebrate the conservation efforts of hunters, anglers and outdoor recreationists. All events must celebrate NHF Day values and take place in September or October 2015.
- USA SHOOTING CHAMPIONS . . . At the International Shooting Sports Federation Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany, last week, USA Shooting Team member Phillip Jungman (Caldwell, Texas) earned a silver medal in men's skeet and, with his teammates Christian Elliott (Greenwood, Indiana) and Zachary McBee (Tucson, Arizona), claimed the team gold medal. At the recent National Championships in Fort Benning, Georgia, Keith Sanderson won his sixth national title in rapid fire pistol since 2004. Catch up with other top performances at USA Shooting's website.
- TLR ANNOUNCED AS SILVER SPONSOR . . . NSSF is pleased to announce that Portland, Oregon-based logistics expert firm TLR
has signed on as a Silver Sponsor for the upcoming Import/Export Conference. Read more.
- REGISTER FOR ANNUAL IMPORT/EXPORT CONFERENCE . . . To help federal firearms license holders and other members of industry stay on top of federal laws and regulations that govern the import and export of firearms and related products, the 2015 Import/Export Conference, a joint presentation of NSSF and the FAIR Trade Group, will take place Aug. 4-5 at the Renaissance Washington, D.C., Downtown. Learn more and register today.
- FIREARMS INDUSTRY JOBS . . . Visit jobs.nssf.org for current employment opportunities in the shooting, hunting and outdoor industry. Unmatched job listing exposure, easy online job management, résumé search and résumé uploading for job seekers gives NSSF members and non-members more opportunities than ever before.
"To promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports."
Visit the NSSF website and see how we accomplish this mission.
COPYRIGHT © 2015 by National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted for broadcast, publication, retransmission to email lists, Websites or any other copying or storage, in any medium, online or not, if 1) the text is forwarded in its entirety, including this paragraph, and 2) no fee is charged. "Bullet Points®," "National Shooting Sports Foundation®," "NSSF®," and all other trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and images of the National Shooting Sports Foundation appearing in this publication are the sole property of the Foundation and may not be used without the Foundation's prior express written permission. All other trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and images appearing in this publication are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.