NSSF Renews as Title Sponsor of
Industry Day at the Range Through 2019
NSSF is pleased to announce that it has renewed its title sponsorship of Industry Day at the Range, the preeminent pre-SHOT Show event for media members and buyers, through 2019.
Held annually the day before the opening of SHOT Show, the event provides members of the press and retail, wholesale and law enforcement purchasing agents the opportunity for hands-on testing of firearms, ammunition and related accessories being introduced to the consumer market during SHOT Show. Read more.
- STI INTERNATIONAL TO BE EXCLUSIVE MEDIA LUNCH SPONSOR AT 2016 INDUSTRY DAY AT THE RANGE . . . In another boost for SHOT Show's Industry Day at the Range, Cathy Williams and her staff at CMG Marketing have secured STI International as sponsor of the big day's media luncheon. Based in Georgetown, Texas, STI International is a premier gunmaker of custom-built 1911- and 2011-variant handguns designed for the home-defense practitioners, target shooters and action-shooting competitors. Read more.
- NSSF SIGNS THREE-YEAR DEAL WITH CONVEXX FOR SHOT SHOW AND MORE . . . NSSF is pleased to announce that it has renewed its agreement with trade show management company ConvExx to continue its partnership with NSSF's SHOT Show through 2018. Based in Las Vegas, ConvExx is privately held and has produced more than 200 shows and events. ConvExx will also be working more closely with NSSF on its Exhibitor Academy, Industry Summit, Sponsor Summit, Import/Export Conference, retailer compliance seminars and other events as part of this extended agreement. Read more.
- CONGRESSMEN MOVE TO SAFEGUARD SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFICIARIES' 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS . . . Nineteen members of the U.S. House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee have told the Obama administration that a proposal to provide the names of some disabled social security beneficiaries to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to automatically classify them as prohibited persons would violate the spirit of the Americans with Disability Act and revoke without cause a constitutional right. Read the Congressmen's letter.
- FEDERAL, STATE AND LEGAL ROUNDUP . . . There have been positive developments on Capitol Hill that should assist in moving the Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act forward in both the House and the Senate. ATF has released its "Firearms Commerce in the United States Annual Statistical Update 2015" that shows the number of guns manufactured doubled between 2010 and 2013. NSSF will file an amicus brief in support of those challenging the unconstitutional and burdensome California handgun roster at the federal appellate court level.
For more government relations news, read NSSF's latest Government Relations Update.
- GETTING STARTED ON CLASS III/NFA LICENSING . . . With the rise in suppressor acceptance by so many states and a growing pool of consumers, new retailers every day are considering expanding their licenses to Class III status and capitalizing on the potential profits to be gained through the sales of NFA (National Firearms Act) firearms and equipment. Read more.
- ATF Q&A . . . More great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF member compliance hotline last week. One question asks what importer should be entered into the A&D book when the foreign manufacturer and the importer have the same company name. Another question asks if a United States-issued passport is a valid form of identification for a firearms purchaser to provide to an FFL.
- DID YOU KNOW? . . . NSSF partners with a top-end security company to offer NSSF members a special discount on alarm monitoring services. Learn more.
- LATEST SURVEY TRACKER WITH MSR SUPPLEMENT AVAILABLE . . . The June 2015 edition of the NSSF Survey Tracker provides Market Leaders for the two product groups of scopes and decoys, lists the top five species hunted and the top five types of shotgun shooting sports in March-April 2015, and includes a supplement on modern sporting rifles. Learn more.
- IMPORT/EXPORT CONFERENCE AT CAPACITY . . . The 2015 Import/Export Conference, a joint presentation of NSSF and the FAIR Trade Group, taking place Aug. 4-5 at the Renaissance Washington, D.C., Downtown, is at full capacity. As a result, registration is now closed.
- NSSF WELCOMES MARK BARNES & ASSOCIATES AS IMPORT/EXPORT CONFERENCE GOLD SPONSOR . . . NSSF is pleased to announce that Mark Barnes & Associates has signed on as a Gold Sponsor for the upcoming Import/Export Conference. Based in Washington, D.C., this boutique law firm specializes in matters specifically related to the firearms, weapons and explosives industry, with a focus on import and export controls, licensing and regulatory compliance. Read more.
- LRB OF LONG ISLAND INC. AND REEVES & DOLA LLP SIGN AS NEWEST IMPORT/EXPORT CONFERENCE BRONZE SPONSORS . . . NSSF is pleased to announce that arms maker LRB of Long Island Inc. and law firm Reeves & Dola LLP have signed as the newest Bronze Sponsors of the upcoming Import/Export Conference.
News of Note
- NSSF HUNTING WORKS FOR AMERICA PROGRAM CONTINUES GROWTH . . . NSSF is proud to announce that the Hunting Works For America footprint has grown again and now includes a state chapter in Maine. The newly formed Hunting Works For Maine partnership has nearly 60 partner organizations and will be adding dozens more in the weeks and months to come. Read more.
- NSSF MEMBERS COME TO AID OF SOUTH AFRICAN PALMA TEAM . . . NSSF recently learned that several of its member companies have come together to help a team of world-class shooters whose opportunity to compete in the Palma Match and Long Range World Championships at Camp Perry had been abruptly jeopardized. As a way to thank those members, who have set an outstanding example of what it means to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports, the exclusive story of their camaraderie appears here.
- NSSF AT ACI CONFERENCE . . . The Association of Conservation Information (ACI) is an organization of natural resource conservation communicators—the talented people who produce state agency magazines, websites and TV shows. At ACI's recent conference in Flagstaff, NSSF sponsored the conference awards dinner, where NSSF Senior Director, Communications, Bill Brassard Jr. reminded attendees about the many resources NSSF makes available, including research, and urged agencies to help promote firearm safety by using the "Own It? Respect It. Secure It" logo. See the ACI excellence in craft contest winners.
- 'WILDFIRES HAVE MANY CAUSES, DON'T BE ONE OF THEM!' . . . NSSF issued another fire season warning to target shooters and hunters to be aware of the fire danger conditions in their area and to decline using steel-jacketed ammunition, tracer rounds or exploding targets in fire-prone areas. To remind outdoorsmen and women to take precautions, NSSF offers a poster in two sizes—standard and large format—and a 30-second audio PSA. NSSF issued its press release nationally and also through its 11 Hunting Works for America state partners.
- PROJECT CHILDSAFE ON FACEBOOK . . . At Project ChildSafe's Facebook page, which has reached a new high of 43,000 "Likes," you can learn about the program's S.A.F.E. Summer Local Champions, a new firearm safety resources page, and keep up with program news such as this story from channel WSFA in Mobile, Alabama, which prominently shows the program poster, locks, safety brochure and child safety pledge, and encourages residents in five participating communities to pick up a free Project ChildSafe firearm safety kit.
- SCTP NATIONALS ATTRACTS 2,466 YOUTH ATHLETES . . . At the Scholastic Clay Target Program National Championships July 13-18 at the World Shooting and Recreational Complex in Sparta, Illinois, 2,466 athletes faced over 872,500 clay targets during six days of competition in trap, skeet and sporting clays. SCTP, developed by NSSF and now administered by the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation, is a youth shooting sports program that teaches safe firearms handling, sportsmanship, responsibility, teamwork and other positive life skills. See the program's website and Facebook page.
- FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR WITH NSSF'S CAREER CENTER . . . Since its June 1 launch, the new jobs.nssf.org site has been one of NSSF's most visited webpages with more than 23,000 visits and 84,000 page views. Each week, it is the most clicked on link in NSSF's popular Bullet Points industry newsletter. NSSF's new online job resource is designed to help members of the firearms industry recruit qualified professionals and job seekers locate potential employers. See what the NSSF Career Center can do for you.
"To promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports."
Visit the NSSF website and see how we accomplish this mission.
COPYRIGHT © 2015 by National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted for broadcast, publication, retransmission to email lists, Websites or any other copying or storage, in any medium, online or not, if 1) the text is forwarded in its entirety, including this paragraph, and 2) no fee is charged. "Bullet Points®," "National Shooting Sports Foundation®," "NSSF®," and all other trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and images of the National Shooting Sports Foundation appearing in this publication are the sole property of the Foundation and may not be used without the Foundation's prior express written permission. All other trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and images appearing in this publication are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.